Positive affirmation is a simple and powerful tool that has been proven to help people of all ages and backgrounds achieve their goals and live their best life possible. The importance of daily positive affirmations in our lives cannot be over emphasized.
In just a few minutes a day, you can slowly begin to shift your thoughts and beliefs to a more positive direction, which will help you reach your goals and live the life you want. This is accomplished using affirmations, which are statements that you tell yourself over and over until they become a part of your subconscious mind.
What are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are repeated statements used to inspire and encourage the speaker. They are a great way to build confidence and self-esteem, as they are repeated daily, and can make a huge difference to your state of mind. They are also a great way to improve your life and achieve your goals, as you are training your brain to think in a certain way.
Positive affirmations are a powerful tool for changing your life and should be used with this in mind. It’s as easy as choosing a couple of affirmations that resonate with you and saying them over and over to yourself during the day.
These statements help to build your belief in yourself and make you feel good about yourself. As you tell yourself these positive affirmations, you begin to internalise them and start to believe them. The more often you tell yourself the affirmations, the more effective they will be over time.
Benefits of using daily positive affirmations
There are several benefits that can be gained from the use of daily positive affirmations.
- First, positive affirmations help to build self-esteem and confidence. By telling yourself everyday how great you are, you build a sense of self-worth and begin to believe it. This in turn, helps to increase your confidence and self-esteem.
- Affirmations are a great way to help you become more positive and happier in your life. They are a form of self-hypnosis that help you to surround yourself with the positive thoughts and beliefs that you desire. When you are surrounded by positive thoughts and beliefs, it becomes much easier to manifest the things that you want in your life. Using affirmations to help you become more positive and happier is a great way to take control of your life and your happiness.
- Positive thinking and affirmation are a big part of achieving your goals. When you keep your expectations in check, focus on the things you can control, and arm yourself with positive thoughts and words, you can overcome a lot.
One of the most powerful tools in your positivity arsenal is the power of positive affirmations. With them, you can reprogram your brain to focus on the things you want, rather than the things you don’t, and turn those negative thoughts into positive goals.
- At times our thoughts are subconscious, which means they are below our level of awareness. But with positive affirmations, you can become more aware of your thought patterns and your feelings.
This reduces the risk of allowing negative thought patterns to form, which in turn reduces the risk of negatively influencing your emotions. But by learning to become more in tune with your emotions, you can reflect rather than be reactive to our outside world.
- Our thoughts and feelings are largely responsible for our physical health and wellbeing. Researchers have found that daily affirmations are beneficial to physical health, as well as to emotional health.
Positive affirmations have been used in interventions that led people to increase their physical activity, decrease their stress, improve their sleep, and increase their happiness. Positive affirmations have also been used in mental health therapies, such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), to help people change their behaviour.
Examples of daily positive affirmations
Here are some positive affirmations to inspire you (feel free to add yours to the list):
I am beautiful.
I am strong.
My body is perfect.
I am a winner.
I believe in love, compassion, and forgiveness.
My life is on the right path
I can achieve my goals.
I am a keen listener and a reliable friend.
My possibilities are endless
I am smart and talented
I feel good about my life.
Tips to help you use daily positive affirmations.
The importance of daily positive affirmation cuts across all facets of life. For your affirmations to yield the desired results, you must keep these 3 points in mind:
- Affirmations must be said with confidence and conviction.
- All affirmations must be in present tense e.g. I am, avoid using past and future tense e.g. I will, I used to.
- Your affirmations should only include positive words, words like don’t, can’t etc should be avoided. For e.g. say ‘I am calm’ instead of ‘I won’t worry’
The following tips will help you use daily positive affirmations successfully in your everyday life:
- Consistency is key. Implementing positive affirmations in your everyday life can seem like a very challenging thing to do. It may take some time for you to get used to the practice, but your commitment can take you a long way. Your daily routine should consist of practicing them at the same time and repeating them a similar number of times each day.
- Encourage others to participate. Reach out to a supportive person in your life if you’re having trouble providing yourself with positivity. Friends, family, members, teachers, counsellors, and others can offer support.
- Go slow at first. To start the process, repeat one affirmation every day and then increase it as the days go by. Although the first step can be challenging, you will be on the right path.
- Put your affirmations into action. Although affirmations can boost your motivation and confidence, you need to act as well. The affirmations won’t work if you don’t put in the effort to follow through.
- Adapt your own affirmations to your needs. Put as many details into your affirmations as possible and tailor it to suit your specific needs rather than using generic statements.
- Don’t lose patience. Even though you might not see results right away, your hard work is still paying off in the long run.
To make lasting, long-term changes in your thoughts and feelings, you must practice positive affirmations regularly. Furthermore, they’re fun to use, so learning how to use them is worth the time and effort.
Starting your day with some morning positive affirmations might feel silly at first. But with time and practice, they will not only be enjoyable, but they’ll become an essential part of your day as well as your way of thinking.