The alkaline diet is based on the principle that alkalizing food and water can bring your body back to health. Herbs, vitamins, and minerals provide increased energy and vitality to the body. Alkaline foods and water should be consumed to provide the nutrients necessary to remove acids and toxins from the blood, lymph, tissues, and cells.
When the pH balance in the body is “out of balance”, the body tries to correct this sensitive pH balance. This process manifests itself in negative symptoms, including colds, flu, allergies, infections, viruses, and bacteria.
When the pH level in our body is out of balance, almost every part of the body can be affected. For example, when the nervous system is affected due to an imbalance of pH, it manifests as depression. When the heart system is affected, we may have heart disease or other heart problems, including narrowing and hardening of the arteries, coronary artery disease, heart pain or discomfort, stroke, high blood pressure. and heart failure. When nerves affect the body, we often feel tired and lack energy. When the skin’s pH balance is not right, we age faster than usual. When the body’s pH level is balanced, the body achieves a healthy balance and corrects negative health problems.
Switching to a healthy alkaline diet requires a change in eating habits. Slowly increase your intake of alkaline foods. Remember, small changes in your daily habits can make a huge difference. The following 7 ways will help you get the most out of an alkaline diet:
1) Reduce the consumption of sugar and sugar-based products, including soft drinks, pies, ice cream, jellies, jams and jellies, artificial juices, puddings, donuts, corn syrup, chewing gum, flavoured drinks, cookies, breakfast cereal, wine, mixed drinks.
2) Avoid processed foods and condiments, including ketchup, salad dressing, pickles, lunch boxes, canned fruit, bread, sweets, cheese dips, peanut butter, seafood, frozen vegetables, crackers, soup cans, hot dogs, sausages, and sweet yogurt.
3) Avoid cooking and reheating food and drinks in the microwave. Microwaves can actually increase the acidity of food and drinks, making them harder for the body to process. If you must reheat food in the microwave, be sure to do so for a shorter period of time and at a lower power setting.
4) Avoid dairy products, meat, and fried foods. Saturated fats and cholesterol are high in these foods. They are difficult to digest and can increase the risk of heart disease and other health problems.
5) Make sure you eat raw vegetables and fresh fruits (without sugar). Adding raw vegetables to every meal is a good idea. If your breakfast is so small that you only have toast or cereal, stop eating toast and have fresh fruit or vegetable juice instead. In place of a sandwich, try a fresh salad or vegetable juice for lunch. Eat a big salad before eating a heavy meal for dinner. By doing so, you will be sure to eat the whole salad, instead of feeling too full to finish it. Fruits and vegetables are high in alkalizing minerals and can help to offset the acidity of other foods.
6) Cereals form the basis of proper nutrition and are critical for maintaining an alkaline balance in the body. Cereals are a good source of vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients, including folic acid, fibre, carbohydrates, antioxidants and phytoestrogens. The Department of Food Science and Nutrition of the University of Minnesota has determined that eating fruit reduces the risk of chronic diseases, including cancer and heart disease. Grains should be about 20% of your diet. When you eat grains, you will feel full even when you eat less.
7) Don’t forget to hydrate yourself. Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of healthy water every day. Add liquid minerals to improve water quality. This will help to flush out the toxins and acids that build up in the body.
If you follow these 7 simple steps, you will create the right alkaline balance in your body. Creating the right alkaline balance in your body will improve your quality of life. You will begin to see immediate improvements in your health. Your energy level will increase, and your concentration level will improve. You will develop strength, endurance, and resistance to disease. Your whole body will work more efficiently, as it was intended.
Read Also: How to Use The Alkaline Diet for Weight loss